Special care should be taken when caring for any piece of fine jewelry, some of course needing a little more attention than others. Below are some of the most common bullet points I tell my customers when they are buying an heirloom from our collection.
- Do not press on stones when taking ring on or off. Pull the ring off from its sides.
- Do not submerge opals, pearls, cameos, or emeralds in any type of jewelry cleaner. Use a soft cloth or brush that is damp with a mild cleaner instead (soapy water).
- Avoid putting antique jewelry in ultra sonic cleaners.
- Avoid showering or sleeping with your jewelry on.
- Avoid washing dishes, swimming, or using any type of chemical when wearing your jewelry.
- Store your heirlooms in a safe place! Store them so they do not rub up against each other. Separate sterling from other jewelry by using felt.
- Get your heirlooms checked by a jewelry at least once a year or if you feel a stone may be loose.
Have some advice of your own you would like to share? Comment below and let us know!